Dev Logs #1 (The Tower)

Welcome to the first ever blog post for my website! (Insert party horn here.)

 

The last few days I’ve been finishing up the assets and animations for the bosses that will appear in the game. I’m really happy with how they’ve turned out for the most part!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Today, however, I hit a wall with the project that had me scratching my head, and asking Unity to cooperate with me. This all started with a Unity update, I had to re-import my character models because the method I was using for animations no longer worked with animation controllers. So I had to redo my player and 1st boss prefabs in order for that to start working again.

For the life of me, I could not understand why my damage collision code wasn’t working for my player, I had made no changes to the code or anything like that, so what the hell was going on? Turns out, I just made a typo, and that’s why it wasn’t working.

…you could imagine the equal parts relief and frustration I felt.

GIF

Well good news is that, everything is working as it should, and I can move on to the next three bosses! Hooray for me!

Thanks for reading this entry! I’ll try to write these things every day as I make more progress with The Tower. See you soon!

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s